Monday, April 27, 2009

Pitter Patter

So, Kolton is doing an OUTSTANDING job using his walker!! He can use it pretty much by himself. Todaywe went for a walk in the yard and he loved it!! He was all smiles!! I can't wait for his PT, Lisa, to see his progress!! Fragile X affects learning, but I have to say Kolton picks up pretty fast on new ideas!! Especially if he likes them! I know it will not be long before I hear the pitter patter of little feet!!

I can't help but realize lately that Kolton was given to me for a reason. He is saving me. I have never felt this kind of unconditional love that he gives me. He is my addiction. He fills the part of my heart that was broken from life-from disappointments, failures, hurt, lies. Kolton needs me- he comes to me for reassurance, for comfort, and he trusts me. He is teaching me to trust myself. If I died tomorrow, I would be fulfilled for I have come to know what true love feels like. I am finally allowing old wounds to heal and letting go of the past. I want to be a better person.

I know one day, Kolton will move on and have his own life, and it won't be "cool" to hang out with his mom, but I know that we will always share a bond that can not be described with words. I know that some days will be better than others, but I will never stop trying to make life better for my son. He is my shining star, the love of my life and always makes my heart, pitter patter:)

I love u, Boo Boo

Luv,
Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment