Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Think I'm OK

Anyone that knows Kolton, knows that he LOVES bags or anything that makes a crinkly noise. Yesterday we went to get groceries, and Kolton decided that he would be in charge of the bag of chips!! Not wanting him to get upset, I asked the cashier to scan the chips first so I could give it back to him. She asked me how old he was and told me he is so cute. You're probably wondering what's the big deal. For me this is a big deal- because I didn't think it was a big deal!! Usually when someone asks about him, I automatically feel I need to be defensive. I didn't feel this way and I think this is the first step to realizing I am going to be ok.

I know I will always have good days and bad, but I feel like I can let my guard down - maybe an inch!! I don't need to shelter Kolton. I don't need to worry about what others are thinking of him or if people are staring. Kolton is what he is and too me he is perfect.

I wish there was no such word as handicapped. Society, even myself can hear it and automatically think something-something usually not good. But who is to say that my son is handicapped? Yes he is a little behind, but he is still a child. Kolton loves to play, laugh, and have fun just like any other child. He may just do things a little differently. And it doesn't matter what kind of day I have had, but when Kolton falls asleep in my arms, I am just a mom- a mom to a little boy. And that always makes my bad day end good!!

Luv u, Kolty X0X0

1 comment:

  1. great to hear this/hi sweetie/gramme wuvs her wittle rockin robin tweet tweet

    ReplyDelete