Monday, April 20, 2009

Looking Forward To Therapy Today

Today, Kolton has OT with his therapist Shannon. She is amazing and he LOVES her!!! I love seeing his face when he recognizes someone familiar coming in the door. So many children with Fragile X show signs of Autism and I thank God that Kolton doesn't. He is so happy and very social. Kolton has been receiving therapy for about 6 months. He has seen Shannon since February and has made amazing progress. Kolton has (what we think) a sensory problem and doesn't want to feed himself or touch food. Well, until recently!!! He is now TOUCHING everything I feed him!! I am so PROUD!!! I know it sounds kinda dorky, but he really makes me appreciate all the little things about life.

When I first learned that Kolton may have Fragile X, all I could think of was why me, why him , what have I done to deserve this? This was not part of my perfect family plan. I had big plans for him. But now I think why me? Why me, what have I done to deserve this AMAZING little Dude!!!

Kolton may or may not do this or do that, but I would never trade him for anything in this world. He is the LOVE of my Life!!!

I think this will be a good day!!

I LUV U BOO BOO BOY
Luv, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment